AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'HTTPSHandler'

Matt McCredie mccredie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 20:13:50 EDT 2007

> I am using Fedora Core 4 linux.  Where should I look for _ssl.pyd ? I
> am trying to build and use Python-2.5.1

I don't have access to that type of system. I do know that you need
OpenSSL to use ssl. It might be as simple as just finding and
installing OpenSSL for fedora. You can also find the source in the
python repository at:
http://svn.python.org/projects/external/openssl-0.9.8a

And build that yourself. I _think_ that if you have it installed,
configure might find it for you and autmatically build _ssl.pyd.

Matt