status of Programming by Contract (PEP 316)?

Russ uymqlp502 at sneakemail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:01:10 EDT 2007

Michele Simionato wrote:

> I am curious. Why do you think I attacked you? The conversion went as
> follows:

I don't think you attacked me. I was referring to another person, who
apparently came to your
defense and *did* attack me.

For the record, I apologize for saying that you don't seem to know
what DbC is. I shouldn't
have made it personal. I should have just made the points I made and
let them stand on their
own.

Having said that, I think that some of the statements you made were
clearly excessive.
Unit testing is a thousand times better than DbC? How could that
possibly be? As I
tried to explain, DbC can be *used* for unit testing and *also* for
integrated system testing.

> I would not call that an attack. If you want to see an attack, wait
> for
> Alex replying to you observations about the low quality of code at
> Google! ;)

I don't know much about Google code, but I know that the line breaking
logic (or lack
thereof) on Google Groups is a constant annoyance to me. But maybe I
just haven't
figured out how to use it yet.