create Powerpoint via com

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:34:51 EDT 2007

On Aug 30, 11:55 pm, Alan Isaac <ais... at american.edu> wrote:
> kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
> > <code>
>
> OK, creating bulleted lists, or tables,
> or adding pictures is all straightforward.
> How about chart creation (in Ppt 2003)?
> I do not see how to do this with Python.
>
> Thanks,
> Alan

Alan,

You probably need to browse the COM object using PythonWin, which is a
part of the ActiveState distro. You can also use Python's builtin
function, dir, to find out various methods of COM.

Here's some info in messing with charts in Excel, which should be
similar to chart manipulation in PowerPoint.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2005-June/003511.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2003-March/000839.html
http://mathieu.fenniak.net/plotting-in-excel-through-pythoncom/

Mike