python 2.5.1 segfault, multithreading & dual core issue?

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Tue Aug 21 10:17:44 EDT 2007

Paul Sijben wrote:

> I am running a multi-threaded python application in a dual core intel
> running Ubuntu.
>
> I am using python 2.5.1 that I compiled myself. At random points I am
> getting segmentation faults (sometimes indicating a duplicate free).
> Below is the backtrace of the latest segfault.
>
> I am thinking this might be an issue related to the dual core CPU so I
> am now running the app with affinity to one CPU to test this hypothesis.
>
> Where can I put such a bugreport?

http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470

if you do it before August 23, when the bugtracker will be moved to
bugs.python.org.

Note that a thread-related bug causing a segfault has been reported today at

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1778376&group_id=5470&atid=105470

I could reproduce this one on my machine, though, so I'm sure that it has
nothing to do with a dual core CPU.

Peter