Python doesn't see the directories I create

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Aug 30 07:28:52 EDT 2007

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> Steve Holden a écrit :
>> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
[...]
>> That does indeed work in most situations, but ideally (i.e. for maximum
>> code portability) paths should be constructed using os.path.join(), or
>> collected from the environment somehow.
>
> Indeed. But I doubt a path starting with 'C:' will work fine on a
> unix-like environment anyway !-)

Just to be contrarian:

sholden at bigboy ~/Projects/python.org/build
$ ls C:/Steve/
Apache                          SANSsecurityOverview.pdf
Apache2                         SQLServer.txt
Resume.odt                      todo.txt
Resume.pdf                      untitled-1.py

sholden at bigboy ~/Projects/python.org/build

That's Cygwin, of course. Is that sufficiently "unix-like"? Though I
have to admit that the different utilities all take different approaches
to the use of Windows paths, and some just won't take them at all.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119