Socket recv(1) seems to block instead of returning end of file.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Aug 23 13:53:07 EDT 2007

On 2007-08-23, Dan Stromberg - Datallegro <dstromberg at datallegro.com> wrote:

> Are you using sock.settimeout()?

Hey, somebody snuck timeouts into the socket module when I wasn't
looking...

> I agree with Grant though - posting a minimal snippet of code that
> replicates the problem would help us help you.  In fact, it might help you
> help yourself :)

Yup, in my experience attempting to produce a minimally failing
example will usually reveal what's wrong.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I have seen these EGG
                                  at               EXTENDERS in my Supermarket