Hiding / encrypting source code

Ricardo Aráoz ricaraoz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 12:40:40 EDT 2007

Hi, I'm new to this python stuff so maybe I'm stating the obvious, or
worse, maybe I'm completely off track.

Not long ago someone was asking about a way to hide source code. I
stumbled upon zipimport standard module. It seems it lets you get your
imports from zip files. The docs say it is implicitly called, so you
could have your modules in a zipped file. That should make them a bit
more arcane.
Another idea would be to modify this module to use encrypted zip files,
or to use PyCrypto or some other module as a middle man in order to keep
the contents encrypted.

HTH