Drawing a graph

Kurt Smith kwmsmith at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:35:49 EDT 2007

On 8/12/07, Ghirai <ghirai at ghirai.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I need to draw a graph, 2 axes, 2D, nothing fancy.
> One of the axes is time, the other one is a series of integers.
>
> I don't care much about the output format.
>
> Are there any specialized libraries for this, or should i use PIL?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ghirai.
> --

Checkout matplotlib: http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

Powerful (esp. with IPython), clean implementation, very nice output,
IMHO.  It does depend on some other things; primarily numpy and some
sort of backend for displaying figures (usually can use a default
backend -- e.g. Tkinter).  Otherwise you can plot directly to file.
May not be what you're looking for if you want something quick.

HTH,

Kurt