Plain old SAX and minidom useable? But how then?

Dobedani dobedani at gmx.net
Wed Aug 1 09:04:05 EDT 2007

Darsten and Stefan,

Yeah, thank you very much! I actually found a good example at
http://www.python.org/doc/2.4/lib/dom-example.html

Your input was also helpful, so now I have been able to "walk" through
the XML and to retrieve the text strings I need:

doc = parse(configfile);
elems = doc.getElementsByTagName("Environment")
for elem in elems:
    name = elem.getElementsByTagName("Name")[0];
    if getText(name.childNodes) == "workspace":

with getText as defined on the webpage referenced above.

Kind regards,
Dobedani