Steve Holden is a moronic, self-indulgent BASTARD [WAS: Re: creating a tar file with python]

Wildemar Wildenburger wildemar at freakmail.de
Fri Aug 24 12:28:35 EDT 2007

kyosohma at gmail.com wrote:
> I like Steve, but he seems pretty crabby/rude much of the time.

Now what is going on here? I've been on this list for quite some time
now and over all of Steves very frequent posts this is the first thread
that I recall in which he sort of snapped. All of the other times he
managed insults with admirable grace (How's that for fan-mail? ;)). And
his tone is usually much milder than that of most other regulars here
(all of whom are very friendly albeit the concise, technical manner of
communication, sprinkled of course with the occasional sarcastic remark).

Steve, you might want to consider becoming more rude in your
communication style; that way you don't get flamed for that *one time*
you actually loose your cool. ;)

Rhetorical closing-questions: Do people start flame wars like this so
easily in the real world as well? Why do internet-discussions tend to
burst into all-out battles so quickly? Why do people on the net tend to
forget that a 1--10 scale actually contains 2--9?

*sigh*
/W