HowTo Use Cython on a Windows XP Box?

David Lees debl2NoSpam at verizon.net
Fri Aug 31 22:06:15 EDT 2007

August 31, 2007

I just downloaded the current Cython release and have no problem running
the cpython.py translator on the demo code.  But when I try compiling, I
get an error complaining that my version of Python (which is the current
2.5.1 downloaded from python.org) was compiled with Visual C++ 2003.  I
only have Visual C++ 2005 on my machine and am unable to find a download
of 2003 on the Microsoft site (no big surprise).  I have never built
Python from source.  Is it necessary or can someone suggest an alternative?

TIA

david lees