1)URL QueryString Parsing 2)Search Engine Spiders

mosscliffe mcl.office at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 19 04:50:15 EDT 2007

I am trying to create a back link, equivalent to the browser back
action and I can not use java script. The target user does not allow
java script.

I am using HTTP_REFERER.

I need to add the original Query String values.

Is there a way to get the QueryString element other than by using
cgi.FieldStorage, as I just want to return with the values that were
current in the calling page.

gv.orgQueryString = ""

gv.BackButton = '<A href="' + os.environ.get("HTTP_REFERER") +
gv.orgQueryString + '">BACK</A>'

Am I right in thinking Search Engine Spiders will never see my script
pages as they exist only for the duration of the python script's
execution ?  And even then as they are   xxx.py, they would not be
seen.

Thanks

Richard