wxPython - drawing without paint event

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Aug 12 17:11:44 EDT 2007

7stud wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2:20 pm, Bjoern Schliessmann <usenet-
> mail-0306.20.chr0n... at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
>> But any suggestions what's
>> better for a beginner? The (incomplete) tutorial surely not.
>>

> Another GUI toolkit.

Well if all you have to offer is fatuous advice you would be helping
people more by keeping quiet. wxPython is a more-than-adequate GUI
toolkit, as has been proved in many successful projects.

What other toolkits have you used, and to what effect, and on what size
of program? I suspect you are not particularly well-qualified to be
answering this question in the first place, although as always you are
entitled to your opinion. It's just that you appear to have an inflated
value of its worth.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119