the one python book

Paul Rubin http
Sat Aug 4 17:59:36 EDT 2007

"dhr" <dima.hristov at gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a 'K&R" type of Python book? The book that you'd better have on
> your shelf if you are going into Python?

I don't think so, at least not if you are starting Python with
experience in other languages.  There are some books that are useful
but none are really crucial.  It's enough to just read the online
documentation, which will let you transfer your experience onto
Python, and then hang out here on clpy to soak up Python culture.

If you're less experienced in programming but not a complete beginner,
Dive Into Python looks pretty good and Python in a Nutshell also is
supposed to be excellent.  If you're a complete beginner, I'm not sure
what to suggest.