Sorting a list of Unicode strings?

oliver at obeattie.com oliver at obeattie.com
Sun Aug 19 12:50:37 EDT 2007

Hey Guys,

Maybe I'm missing something fundamental here, but if I have a list of
Unicode strings, and I want to sort these alphabetically, then it
places those that begin with unicode characters at the bottom. Is
there a way to avoid this, and make it sort them properly?

I'm sure that this is the "proper way" programatically with character
entities etc. - but when I have a list of countries, and I have Åland
Islands right at the bottom, it just doesn't look right.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Oliver