How to setup pyOpenGL3.0.a6 for window xp?

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 20:42:23 EDT 2007

On Aug 17, 8:07 pm, math2life <QJing... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've already download the pyOpenGL3..0.a6 for python2.4 and installed
> python2.4,
>
> Is it necessary to install OpenGL? And if need,  which version of
> OpenGL should be
> installed?

Windows comes with OpenGL libraries.  However, before you can use
OpenGL you'll need a package that can provide an OpenGL context, which
PyOpenGL doesn't do (easily).

PyGame is the typical choice for most uses.  If all you need is a
simple window to draw on, this is the package you want.

However, it doesn't (easily) work with common GUIs like GTK and Wx.
If you want to use use OpenGL in a GUI app, then you'll want to find
an "OpenGL canvas widget" for that GUI.

Carl Banks