setup.py question

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Aug 29 02:52:37 EDT 2007

I have an environment where I have a bunch of data files or use would like
Python application.  I want to use the data_files specification of set up to
distribute those files.  But I also need to change ownership and permissions.  I
know there's some way to do this because I've done it once before but I can't
find how I did it and I can't find how to do in the documentation.  Any pointers
on how to set ownership and permissions for files listed in the data_file
section of a setup call would be wonderful.  For what it's worth, I have
modified install(_install) methods to handle set gid wrappers.  It's a cool
abuse of setup.  :-)

thanks