RTF 2 Tiff

Zentrader zentraders at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:42:08 EDT 2007

On Aug 6, 12:15 pm, cjankow... at hbr-inc.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to convert an RTF file to a Tiff image using Python.  This
> process will convert several hundred images daily.  Currently I am
> able to get the RTF file into a text format using Rtf2Txt.py, but I
> loose the images contained in the RTF file.  I have the same problem
> when I convert to .HTML using Rtf2Html.py.  I do not have a sample
> that I can share because of HIPPA regulations.  Can anyone please help
> me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris J.

Perhaps someone will have a more Pythonic answer.  Abiword will
convert from rtf to html and can be run from the command line.  I
would also look at openjade and w3m.  You may have to parse the file
and look for the images and convert them separately using an
Imagemagick type program.  I don't have much experience with this, but
hopefully one of these will work or someone else can provide more info.