wxPython in C++ app using wxWidgets

Marcin Kalicinski kalita at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Aug 17 18:27:06 EDT 2007

I have an application written in C++ that uses wxWidgets for GUI. I use
embedded Python for scripting inside of this application. I want to use
wxPython to add GUI to my scripts - because my C++ App uses wxWidgets I
thought it to be easy. The problem is that wxPython knows nothing about
wxApp/wxFrame objects created in my C++ application, and insists (by giving
me asserts) that I create another wxApp object for wxPython inside my
scripts. Obviously, this is not what I want. I want the scripts to use the
same wxApp/wxFrame object that my C++ application already created. More
specifically, I want to create dialogs in wxPython that will have my
application wxFrame as parent.

I'm stuck. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
M.