Who told str() to round my int()'s!!!

A.T.Hofkamp hat at se-162.se.wtb.tue.nl
Thu Aug 16 02:47:57 EDT 2007

On 2007-08-15, Larry Bates <larry.bates at websafe.com> wrote:

> What are they teaching in schools these days?  I see questions like this and the
> equally perplexing "why don't floats represent numbers exactly?" or the mildy
> amusing "how do I write bytes not characters to a file" questions at least once
> a week on this forum.

Who says that schools teach that to every body?
Python is a popular language, so there are a lot non-cs people here. I can
imagine that eg a user with a background in history or geography has never
encountered these things before.
(Python got to start programming, and now they suddenly have to deal with
inaccurate floats of the otherwise so precise computer :-) )

Albert