pure python for sms

Gerardo Herzig gherzig at fmed.uba.ar
Fri Aug 31 09:36:40 EDT 2007

Neil Hodgson wrote:

>Gerardo Herzig:
>

>>Hi dudes. Im looking for a python implementation for sending sms to a
>>cell phone. I was try using some free pages, but i want to use a python.
>>Do i need a cellphone conected to my machine? Or can i send sms to some
>>cell via some python library?
>>

>    This is likely to cost some money similar to sending an SMS from a
>'phone. There are several companies that provide SMS sending services
>that can be accessed through HTTP. Have a look at www.clickatell.com and
>www.aql.com . Here is a library based on Clickatell:
>http://www.powertrip.co.za/code/python/clickatell.py
>
>    Neil

Well, im not triyng to send a SMS `FROM' a cellphone, im trying to send
a SMS `TO' a cellphone. Here (in Argentina) are several sites who lets
you send a sms for free. You also can receive SMS responses via this page
http://sms.personal.com.ar/Mensajes/msn.htm

While my tries using this page via urllib failed, i dont want to depend
on an external page anyway. The  python class you  send to me looks like
a  pay site (if not, i dont see why the tokenpay() and getbalance()
methods :)

I was also avaiable to send a sms in the form of an plain email
__cellphone_number at i_used_to_be_cool_smtp.com, but it not seems to work
this way no longer. Again, i dont want to do it that way anyway.

Thats why im looking for a python implementation of that funcionality.

Thanks!
Gerardo