Namespaces/introspection: collecting sql strings for validation

Martin Drautzburg Martin.Drautzburg at web.de
Mon Apr 23 02:42:39 EDT 2007

George Sakkis wrote:

> Yes, there is: use an ORM to do the SQL generation for you. Check out
> SQLAlchemy, it will buy you much more than what you asked for.

Might look, though in general I don't like OR mappers much. Having SQL
generated feels as strange as having python code generated. Too much
magic, too many layers. I think it is better to simply learn SQL.

And I don't really believe in OO databases much. OO databases have been
around for several decades and still have not reached the maturity of
relational databases. My feeling is that OO and persistence to not play
together well.