Python editor/IDE on Linux?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sat Apr 14 00:34:05 EDT 2007

Michael Hoffman <cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid> writes:

> Jack wrote:
> > I wonder what everybody uses for Python editor/IDE on Linux?
>
> I'll let you in on a little secret. We all use Emacs. Those who
> claim to use vim are just trying to prevent you from ever becoming a
> successful Python programmer, and therefore reduce competition.

I use Emacs, with Vim emulation, running with WordStar keybindings, on
a Dvorak keymapping. It took me seven years to learn how to use it,
but it was worth it. Keeps the pesky workmates from using my computer.

--
 \       "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold |
  `\       in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think |