install wxPython

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 00:10:47 EDT 2007

On Apr 9, 2:20 pm, Marco <king_of_bellm... at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem to install wxPython on my MacBook (Pythonversion 2.5).
> If would install the wxPython (python setup.py install), then I got
> this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/Users/marco/Desktop/flexo1/wxpython/wxPython-src-2.8.3.0/
> wxPython/setup.py", line 49, in <module>
> copy_file('config.py', 'wx/build', update=1, verbose=1)
> File "/Users/marco/python//lib/python2.5/distutils/file_util.py",
> line 119, in copy_file
> "can't copy '%s': doesn't exist or not a regular file" % src
> distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: can't copy 'config.py': doesn't
> exist or not a regular file
>
> Where is the problem and how could i fix it?
>
> Thx for your answers.
> marco

I just installed wxPython successfully on an imac.  My imac came with
python 2.3.5 pre-installed along with some version of wxPython--I was
able to run a hello world wxPython program by typing:

$ pythonw wxHelloWorld.py

First, I installed a "framework" build of a newer version of python(I
chose 2.4.4 since the download said it has more modules for macs).
The download was called:

python-2.4.4-macosx2006-10-18.dmg

The new python version was automatically installed in /Applications/
MacPython2.4/.  Then I downloaded the wxPython version for Macs with
python version 2.4.  It was called:

wxPython2.8-osx-unicode-2.8.3.0-universal10.4-py2.4.dmg.