C++ extension problem

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Apr 17 16:20:14 EDT 2007

> I assumed that the compiler would warn me about that kind of problem,
> but I know better know. :)

It's a variable argument list (...). The compiler is not supposed to
give any warnings for that (although I do have a gcc patch that enables
warnings for PyArg_ParseTuple).

> Still, the error message is somewhat confusing.

Passing incorrect parameters to variable argument lists causes undefined
behavior. Anything can happen under undefined behavior, including
mysterious error messages, erasure of your hard disk, and reversal of
the global warming.

To understand why the specific error message is printed, you would have
to debug what values are passed on the stack at what point.

Regards,
Martin