EuroPython vs PyconUK

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Fri Apr 27 01:08:24 EDT 2007

EuGeNe Van den Bulke <eugene.vandenbulke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex Martelli, brilliant speaker and Python evangelist (in my Shu Ha
> eyes anyway), lives in the States and is Italian. Busy as you'd expect
> from  someone working for Google, decides to make the trip to Europe for
> a Python related conference, henceforth spends 3 1/2 months in Europe so
> he can do Italy in June (he is listed as an organizer), Lithuania in
> July and UK in September...

I like the kudos, thanks!, but I'm not quite sure what you're saying
about my travel plans... just to clarify, once again I'll have to miss
EuroPython _and_ PythonUK, two events I attended most assiduously when I
was living in Europe (but then, for two years running I've also missed
PyCon, _despite_ living in the US, sigh).

Besides Pycon Uno, in my short trip in early June, I hope to also visit
Cracow, and perhaps give a Python talk at the University there if my
Polish colleagues can arrange things, but that will be it.

It's not so much about working for Google, which isn't stopping e.g.
Guido from attending conferences of his choice -- it's more about my
also having accepted managerial responsibilities there, which means I
can't really do my "primary" job all that well by logging in remotely
from my laptop:-).

Alex