Prevent Modification of Script?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Apr 4 22:26:52 EDT 2007

"ts-dev" <time.swift at gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to prevent modification of a python file once its been
> deployed?

Prevent modification by whom?

You can't prevent modification by the person who owns the
machine. It's in their possession, and presumably it's out of yours;
they can do whatever they like.

> The root of my question is verifying the integrity of the
> application and the scripts being run. Is this possible, if so, how?

Never put the program anywhere that someone you don't trust has access
to it.

--
 \      "Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done |
  `\                                         for me?"  -- Groucho Marx |