Comments in ConfigParser module

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Mon Apr 9 07:42:55 EDT 2007

Joel Granados wrote:

> On 4/6/07, *James Stroud* <jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
> <mailto:jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Joel Andres Granados wrote:
>      > Hi list:
>      > Any comment greatly appreciated....
>
>     Very clever.
>     --
>

> clever ???
> Well I would expect that the ";" character to behave the same way that
> the "#", as they are both characters that come before a comment.  But it
> doesn't.  So I'm missing something here.  Why is the different behavior
> clever?
>
> --
> Joel Andrés Granados
> Medellín Colombia
> --
> jgranad1 at eafit.edu.co <mailto:jgranad1 at eafit.edu.co>
> joel.granados at ieee.org <mailto:joel.granados at ieee.org>

I was referring to his asking for "comments" in a post about "comments".
I thought this was a clever way to conclude. I have no idea why the
behavior of the module is the way it is. Seems like a bug to me, but I
have not read the official .ini file specification, so I'm not sure its
working correctly.

Cheers,

James