Generate report containing pdf or ps figures?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Apr 23 12:30:30 EDT 2007

I need to be able to generate a PDF report which consists
mostly of vector images (which I can generate as encapsulated
Postscript, PDF, or SVG).  What I need is a way to combine
these figures into a single PDF document.  Right now the
reports consist entire of these figures, so I just write the
figures out to temp files and then use os.system() to run
ghostscript with appropriate options to combine them into a
single PDF file.

I'd like to be able to add some text and/or place the figures
in a manner other than one per page in the output document.

I've looked at ReportLab's documentation, but although it
appears to be able to use bitmap images (e.g jpeg) it doesn't
appear to be able to use vector images (EPS/PDF/SVG).

Is there a PDF generation library that can place EPS or
PDF figures on a page?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Is a tattoo real, like
                                  at               a curb or a battleship?