Bug in select

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Apr 22 18:24:41 EDT 2007

Ron Garret wrote:

> Geez you people are picky.  Since I ran this several times I ran into
> the TIM_WAIT problem.  Here's the actual transcript:

It's not about being picky, it's about making it clear what your problem
is.  You're now describing an entirely different problem, hence why it's
important to be clear about _precisely_ what it is you're doing and
_precisely_ what's happening that you think that's wrong.

> Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Mar  1 2007, 10:09:05)
> [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)] on darwin
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "<string>", line 1, in bind
> socket.error: (48, 'Address already in use')
> '123\r\n'
> '321\r\n'

  San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM, Y!M erikmaxfrancis
   There are no dull subjects. There are only dull writers.
    -- H.L. Mencken