Socket exceptions aren't in the standard exception hierarchy

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Tue Apr 24 19:32:43 EDT 2007

Steve Holden wrote:
> John Nagle wrote:
>
>> Steve Holden wrote:
>>
>>> John Nagle wrote:
>>> [socket.error bug report]

> All these notes should be included in the bug report, as I suspect the
> module would benefit from additional clarity.

     Done.  See

[ 1706815 ] socket.error exceptions not subclass of StandardError

Also see

[ 805194 ] Inappropriate error received using socket timeout
[ 1019808 ] wrong socket error returned
[ 1571878 ] Improvements to socket module exceptions
[ 708927 ] socket timeouts produce wrong errors in win32

for related but not identical problems in that area.

					John Nagle