Tutorial creates confusion about slices

Michael Hoffman cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid
Tue Apr 24 08:52:07 EDT 2007

Antoon Pardon wrote:

>> Submit a patch if you want it changed.  I'm sure your valuable
>> insights will greatly improve the quality of the python documentation.
>
> Fat chance, if they reason like you.

I don't think that Michael Bentley is the documents maintainer. Are you
trying to pick a fight with him or improve the docs?

Personally, I do not think of slices in the way this tutorial suggests,
but I think taking it out without replacement would not help. If you
want to add a more accurate replacement, I think that would be better
received than just saying that the section should be removed. Even more
so if you provide it in the form of a patch.
--
Michael Hoffman