jython: user-defined modules

Gregor Stich grgstch at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 25 07:37:31 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I hope my question is here in the right place...
What I want to achieve is a communication between Java and Python. We
have a pretty strong framework of existing python scripts and modules.
Now I want to use jython in order to faciliate the communication
between another Java framework.

But I`m currently stuck with jython: Trying to import the user-defined
python modules, these cannot be found. I read a lot about the jython
registry and I setup a $HOME/.jython file where I created a
python.path=... resource, however, when I start the jython command
line and type
print python.path
then this property is not found. Passing it with the -D option does
not work as well, or maybe I`m too confused to make it work anyway?

Any help would be great!
 Best regards
 Greg