Coding conventions for class names

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Wed Apr 25 06:18:40 EDT 2007

In <1177492705.232244.312520 at c18g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, Kay Schluehr
wrote:

> set, int, float, list, object,...
>
> Don't see any of the basic types following the capitalized word
> convention for classes covered by PEP 08. This does not hold only for
> __builtins__ in the strict sense but also for types defined in builtin
> modules like datetime.

Most built-ins are easy to explain:  They were functions long before it
was possible to use them as base classes and stayed lowercase for
backwards compatibility.  Don't know about `set` and `object`.  I guess
it's foolish consistency!?

> My question is: does anyone actually follow guidelines here and if yes
> which ones and are they resonable ( e.g. stable with regard to
> refactoring etc. )?

I follow PEP 8 in my (mostly unpublished) code if that does matter to you.  :-)

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch