Support for new items in set type

Prateek surekap at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 05:24:45 EDT 2007

> I don't see where your SeaSet class is used.

Actually that is the point. According to the hotshot profile, the
problem code doesn't use the SeaSet implementation. Yet that same code
was running much faster earlier. I tried multiple time (2-3 times).
>From what I can fathom, nothing else changed - just the set
implementation.

It seems obvious that the read() call in the __readTableHeader method
is blocking for longer periods although it isn't exactly obvious why
that might be.

I was hoping someone with an idea of Python-C interaction could shed
some light on this. I'm on a different computer right now, I'll log
back in later and post more code if that helps.

Again, thanks to anyone who can help.

Prateek