Strange terminal behavior after quitting Tkinter application

Chris ceball at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:33:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm puzzled by some strange behavior when my Python/Tkinter
application quits (on linux): the terminal from which I started Python
is messed up.

If start up python, then import the code below, then start the program
with Application(), then click the Quit button, my terminal never
prints anything again (such as commands I type).

<code>

import Tkinter
import sys

class Application(Tkinter.Tk):

    def __init__(self,**config):
        Tkinter.Tk.__init__(self,**config)

Tkinter.Button(self,text="Quit",command=self.quit_application).pack()

    def quit_application(self):
        sys.exit()

</code>

Thanks for your help.