pyparsing Catch-22

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 04:11:55 EDT 2007

On Apr 16, 2:06 am, "7stud" <bbxx789_0... at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hmmm.  My post got cut off.  Here's the rest of it:

I'm pretty facile with regex's, and after looking at some pyparsing
threads over the last week or so, I was interested in trying it.
However, all of the beginning examples use a Word() in the parse
expression, but I couldn't find an adequate explanation of what the
arguments to Word() are and what they mean.  I finally found the
information buried in one of the  many documents--the one called
"Using the Pyparsing Module".  If that seems like an obvious place to
look, I did start there, but I didn't find it at first.  I also
scoured the the wiki, and I looked in the file pycon06-
IntroToPyparsing-notes.pdf, which has this: