Python un-plugging the Interpreter

S.Mohideen moin at blackhole.labs.rootshell.ws
Thu Apr 19 12:56:25 EDT 2007

Hi All,
         I was thinking about the feasbility of adjusting Python as a
compiled language. Being said that I feel these are the following advantages
of doing so --
 1) Using the powerful easy-to -use feature of Python programming language
constructs.
 2) Making the program to run at par with the compiled version of C/C++
program- this is the main benefit which can be derived out of this.
 3) Highly re-use existing Python code for High performance application.
 4) Acheive true parallelism and performance by getting rid of the
middle-man Interpreter and GIL.

 I know this must be appearing like a foolish idea. But I would like to know
the opinion of people who might have thought about it.

Thanks
Moin