Newbie - Boa Constructor, wxPython problem running Boa

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:06:48 EDT 2007

On Apr 5, 8:32 am, "Anbeyon" <anbe... at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am a Newbie to the world of  Python, wxPython and Boa.  Please
> forgive me if there is a really obvious answer to this one.
>
> I am trying to get Python, wxPython and Boa all to install on my
> Windows XP machine.
>
> I have both Python and wxPython running.  However, when I launch Boa I
> get an error message;
>
> An 'Error On Startup'  dialog/message box is displayed that says;
> 'module' object has no attribute 'NotebookSizer'
> (Output on the console window is at the end of this message incase
> that helps.....)
>
> I click OK and everything closes.
>
> I have the following setup;
>
> Python2.5
> ---------------
> installed using python-2.5.msi fromhttp://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5/
>
> wxPython for Python2.5
> ------------------------------------
> installed usinghttp://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.8-win32-unicode...
>
> Boa Constructor
> ------------------------
> installed using boa-constructor-0.4.4.win32.exe
>
> Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts as to what the problem might be ?
>
> The only thing I'm wondering is that instead of installing on my c:
> drive in installed on my d: drive ????
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Anbeyon

> Starting Boa Constructor v0.4.4
> importing wxPython
> reading user preferences
> running main...
> importing Models.Controllers
> importing Models.EditorModels
> importing Views
> importing Views.SourceViews
> D:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\boa-constructor\Views\STCStyleEditor.py:
> 59: Deprec
> ationWarning: The wxPython compatibility package is no longer
> automatically gene
> rated or actively maintained.  Please switch to the wx package as soon
> as possib
> le.
>   import wxPython.stc # needed names from 2.4 for config files
> importing Explorers.ExplorerNodes
> importing Companions
> importing PropertyEditors
> importing Companions.FrameCompanions
> importing Companions.WizardCompanions
> importing Companions.ContainerCompanions
> importing Companions.SizerCompanions

I haven't had much luck with Boa Constructor either. Here's a forum
post on the same issue that might help you though:

http://www.nabble.com/HOW-TO-START-BOAConstructor--t2545395.html

You may want to try wxGlade, VisualWx, PythonCard, Dabo or Stani's
Python Editor (SPE). Stani's, wxGlade, PythonCard and Dabo are
mentioned often on the wxPython user's group.

Mike