Pygame Q (linux) beginner

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Apr 1 04:44:47 EDT 2007

En Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:37:16 -0300, enquiring mind <"enquiring
mind"@braindead.com> escribió:

> Running 2.4.1 Python (learning)
> Running SUSE Linux 10
>
> Am learning from a new books that mostly deals with windows python and
> Pygames called "Game Programming" by Randy Harris (2007)  His books
> references Python 2.4.2 and Pygame 1.7.1 with these comments:
>
> "If you are using a Linux machine, you probably won't have the simple
> installer that came with the windows version.  Follow the instructions
> at http://pygame.org/install.  You may have to run a couple of scripts
> to make everything work, but just follow the directions and you will be
> fine."
>
> Could anybody suggest or make a helpful comment in view of what
> information I have supplied.  At Chapter 5 is where the Pygame module is
> introduced so I have a little time before I have to figure out what I
> have to download and install.

First: read that page.
I don't use SUSE myself, but the first hit on Google for "pygame SUSE"
goes into the Novell site, and  SUSE 10.1 appears to include pygame
1.7.1release14 (or at least, you should be able to download and install
the RPM from Novell)

--
Gabriel Genellina