The smallest and largest values of numeric types

Lou Pecora pecoraREMOVE at THISanvil.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Apr 17 10:58:46 EDT 2007

In article <QA4Vh.122$Bz6.77 at read3.inet.fi>, tom at finland.com wrote:

> Hi!
> How can I determine the smallest and largest values of numeric types
> (for example int) possible in my system? I think there exists a function
> for this task but I don't know it.

There is or was a module called "kinds" which was an implementation of
PEP  0242.  I have it and it gives the values you are looking for (and
more).  But I don't know where I got it.  I think it was once
distributed with Macpython on MacPython.org, but I'm not sure.  I've
searched for it, but nothing shows up except my own questions about it
from many years ago and they have no clues.

Does anyone know where this package is?  Or what might replace it.  It
is very useful.