Python Screen Scraper

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Tue Apr 24 07:50:07 EDT 2007

Hello,

Does anyone know of an example, however modest, of a screenscraper
authored in python? I am using Firefox.

Basically, I am answering problems via my browser and being scored for
each problem. I have a tendency to go past my peak for training
efficiency, so I would like to scrape the result page for each problem I
answer, compile statistics, and have a program alert me when I should
stop (based on score and accuracy--assuming training value is related to
changes in these metrics).

I have no idea how to go about writing such a beast and I am hoping that
I could get some pointers or an example that could get me going in the
right direction.

Parsing, etc, is not a problem, but I'm not exactly sure how I might
interface python with Firefox, forwarding scraped pages to my browser
(or forwarding from the browser to the scraper).

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

James