help building debug .pyd files

joshusdog at gmail.com joshusdog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:07:18 EDT 2007

The installation of Python 2.5 comes with a bunch of built-in
extension modules (.pyd files) under the DLLs directory. I've
downloaded the Python source code and am trying to build the debug
versions of all of these files. However, some of the projects won't
build because they are looking for header files that don't exist
anywhere. Specifically, the non-building projects are:

_bsddb
_sqlite3
_ssl
_tkinter
bz2

Additionally, the project for the _hashlib module seems to be entirely
missing from the Python source. Any idea where I can find it?

Is there a set of pre-built debug versions of all of these modules I
can download somewhere? It would save me a lot of time trying to
figure out where all these missing files are supposed to come from...