Memory addressing

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Fri Apr 27 16:35:49 EDT 2007

Simon Berube wrote:

> When you call certain objects __repr__() strings in python you
> often get the : <Object at Memory Address> happen. I am simply
> trying to understand how that information can be used to recreate
> a certain object that failed as per the given purpose of the
> __repr__() functions.

It cannot. The string returned by repr is supposed to be unique. In
C Python, it just happens to be the object's memory address that's
used to make this string unique.

> In short, how do I used <Object at Memory Address> strings to
> recreate a an object.

Not at all :) Objects that can't be recreated using their __repr__
information just provide an unique identifier string if you call
repr on them, no more and no less.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #202:

kernel panic: write-only-memory (/dev/wom0) capacity exceeded.