*** Dr G Polya BRILLIANTLY analyses the Virgina Shooting Incident ***

Fred Bloggs nospam at nospam.com
Fri Apr 27 06:59:28 EDT 2007

bill.sloman at ieee.org wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2:09 pm, Quadibloc <jsav... at ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
>
>>The Real Andy wrote:
>>
>>>Makes me wonder about the credibility of any statement Dr Gideon Polya
>>>makes.
>>
>>.
>>I never thought that I would feel the urge to call someone an
>>edelweiss-eating Tanzanian devil, but Dr. Polya proved that I lacked
>>imagination.
>>
>>(Note that "Tanzanian" is pronounced Tan.zan._ee_.yan, not
>>Tan._zayn_.ee.an; one wouldn't want to spoil the effect.)
>

> What really spoils the effect is that Dr. Polya lives in Tasmania, a
> state of Australia, and not in Tanzania, which is a country in East
> Africa.
>
> Semi-literate Americans do tend to confuse the two places, as they
> also tend confuse Australia and Austria. Oddly enough, edelweiss grows
> in Austria, so Dr. Polya would have to import it from Europe if he
> were in the habit of dining on edelweiss - which would be an eccentric
> habit, even in Austria, where the flower doesn't form part of the
> normal diet.
>
> --
> Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Is there any civilized life in Tasmania? It looks like just another
natural wonderland that was raped, pillaged, exploited for its
resources, and left behind. Even the official tourism site makes the
place seem dull and bereft of any kind of enthusiasm, warning the
prospective visitor that life is slow there. I did not know Erol Flynn
was from there. That's something anyway. They might consider making his
boyhood home a museum or something. And was that Gunn Forestry you know
so well?