SSLCrypto package

mirandacascade at yahoo.com mirandacascade at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 14:27:17 EDT 2007

When I review:
 - the site that describes the SSLCrypto package:
          http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/SSLCrypto/
 - the documention for SSLCrypto:
          http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/SSLCrypto/Doco/
 - the examples provided
          http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/SSLCrypto/#examples

It appears as though:
a) SSLCrypto package replaces ezPyCrypto package
b) the ezPyCrypto package provided a wrapper for the PyCrypto package
c) most of the heavy lifting in the SSLCrypto package happens in the
key class

Since SSLCrypto replaced ezPyCrypto and since ezPyCrypto provides a
wrapper for PyCrypto, I guessed (perhaps incorrectly) that one can use
SSLCrypto to accomplish the functions that can be accomplished in
PyCrypto package.  I looked at the documentation for all of SSLCrypto
in general, and for the key() class in particular, yet I am unable to
determine from the material that I reviewed whether certain
functionality can be accomplished in SSLCrypto, specifically:
a) can one use the SSLCrypto package to perform an HMAC message digest
calculation (accomplished in PyCrypto package via Crypto.Hash.HMAC
class)?
b) can one use the SSLCrypto package to perform an SHA256 hash
(accomplished in PyCrypto package via Crypto.Hash.SHA256 class)?

Thank you.