recursively removing files and directories

bahoo b83503104 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 14:44:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

I found a message on Jan 16, 2006 regarding the same topic, except
that I wanted to remove only certain files that satisfy the format
"ABC_XXX_XXX.dat", but not the other files.  Once the files are
removed, if a folder becomes empty, I want to remove the folder as
well.

The solution to the Jan 16 2006 message required many lines of python
code.  I was wondering if there is a simpler solution to my problem at
hand, perhaps by using more specialized functions?

Thanks!
bahoo