wrap_EncryptByteArray argument 1 must be string without null bytes, not str

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Apr 12 15:31:59 EDT 2007

En Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:11:30 -0300, abcd <codecraig at gmail.com> escribió:

> Has anyone seen this error before:
>
> wrap_EncryptByteArray() argument 1 must be string without null bytes,
> not str
>
> I am having a hard time finding anything about it.

I have no idea what wrap_EncryptByteArray does, but it appears to be a C
function expecting a C NUL-terminated string, and got a string with
embedded zeros in it.
Forcing my crystall ball range, that name ...ByteArray implies that it
should handle NULs OK, so the error may come from a wrong Python wrapper.
Maybe it's using "s" format instead of "s#" in PyArg_Parse, but that is
absolutely out of range for my limited crystall ball, sorry.

--
Gabriel Genellina