Authenticating clients and servers

Thomas Krüger see_signature at nospam.nowire.org
Sun Apr 15 14:14:54 EDT 2007

Chaz Ginger schrieb:
> I am writing a distributed server system using Python. I need to support
> authentication and was wondering what approaches are available under
> Python and what are the best practices.

Well, there are many ways of client authentication. To narrow it down it
would be nice if your tell us something about the protocol you are
planning to use.

Many protocols support an additional SSL/TLS-Layers (e.g. HTTP ->
HTTPS). There you can use SSL certificate authentication. It may
berequired to set up a small CA, but done right it is pretty secure.

Thomas

--
sinature: http://nospam.nowire.org/signature_usenet.png