Coding conventions for class names

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Thu Apr 26 04:15:49 EDT 2007

On 25 Apr., 12:32, Michael Hoffman <cam.ac... at mh391.invalid> wrote:
> Kay Schluehr wrote:
> > My question is: does anyone actually follow guidelines here
>
> Yes.
>
> > and if yes
> > which ones and are they resonable ( e.g. stable with regard to
> > refactoring etc. )?
>
> All of them that I know of. What does it mean to be "stable with regard
> to refactoring etc."?
> --
> Michael Hoffman

What happens when an enthusiast re-implements a stdlib module e.g.
decimal s.t. it becomes a builtin module? Will the stdlib module serve
as a wrapper to conform the current API or will the builtin module
conform to the current interface. BTW the distinction between builtins
and non-builtins seems to be an artifact of the particular runtime
implementation. Application level / interpreter level becomes pretty
fluent with regard to PyPy for example. Not sure about these
distinctions in Jython and IronPython. Note that I do like all these
lower case builtin classes, so it is not about my personal taste, but
making coding conventions depended on how something is right now
implemented seems to miss the point.